An invigorating, swift massage that leads to enhanced performance, improved conditioning, faster recovery, injury prevention, and assistance in maintaining peak fitness. Sports massage can help with the following:
- reduce muscle tension
- help athletes monitor muscle tone
- reduce muscle hypertonicity
- increase range of motion
- support recovery from the transient immunosuppression state
- support the recovery of heart rate variability and diastolic blood pressure after high-intensity exercise.
- decrease muscle stiffness and fatigue after exercise
- improve exercise performance
- decrease delayed onset muscle soreness
- be the most efficient intervention for maintaining maximal performance time in subsequent exercise tests when combined with active recovery from maximal exercise
- reduce serum creatine kinase post exercise
- reduce swelling
- reduce breathing pattern disorders
- enhance athletic performance
- may help prevent injuries when massage is received regularly
A Medical Massage may also be right for you.
The Sports massage may be incorporated with a couple's session.
Page content attributed to amtamassage.org